BitComet is a free program for Windows operating systems, consisting of a download manager and a client for P2P networks (BitTorrent and eDonkey2000).
- Support for working through a proxy server.
- Displaying detailed information about the download.
- Support for torrent files and Magnet links.
- Opening a torrent by hash code.
- Viewing a video file while downloading.
- Chat function with other users.
- Support for the option to automatically turn off the computer upon completion of downloads.
- The presence of a built-in flv player.
- Option to update third-party applications installed on the computer.
- The function of long-term distribution (sitting).
- Having your own browser.
- Customization of speed limits.
- Support for FTP and HTTP protocols.
- The function of checking the torrent for integrity.
Convenience and interface
The program has a clear interface. However, the user needs to spend some time to explore all the features of the application.
The program allows you to download files by hash code without the presence of a torrent. While downloading a movie, you can preview it.
The “highlight” of the application is communication between users, which allows you to agree on the siding of the downloaded file. This is very convenient, because in the absence of a seed in the network, the download speed slows down.
The program includes a fast browser and a convenient player. A scheduler is also available in the application, which allows you to turn off the computer after completing all downloads.
- High download speed.
- Working with HTTP and FTP.
- Built-in player and browser.
- Customization of the parameters of the recoil and download speeds.
- Support for Magnet links.
- Downloading a file by hash code.
- The presence of a chat.
There is an advertisement.
High load on the computer hardware.
It is forbidden to use the utility on some trackers.
Despite the shortcomings, the program occupies a leading position among torrent clients, since it supports functions that are not available in other applications.