Double Commander for Windows
Double Commander is a free file manager that supports a variety of plugins. It can be installed not only on Windows, but also on other operating systems.
- Support for the “Unicode” character encoding standard.
- Switching operations to background mode.
- Folder synchronization function.
- Support for group file renaming.
- Switching mode between multiple windows of the file manager (tab mode).
- The function of viewing and editing files.
- Viewing images.
- Panel settings.
- Support for working with archives.
- Search using regular expressions.
- Support for plugins from Total Commander.
- Support for console mode.
- The mode of the protocol for performing operations on files.
- Support for 32- and 64-bit platforms.
Convenience and interface
The main purpose of any file manager is a convenient representation of information about the file system in a graphical mode consisting of two panels. Despite the large number of settings, the program has a friendly interface.
The “highlight” of the application is to customize the functionality and appearance to suit your own needs. This feature allows you to create your own menu and include all the necessary elements in it.
Support for plugins from Total Commander.
Open source code.
A free program.
Flexible search function.
The presence of tab mode.
Russian language support.
Built-in file viewer and editor.
Work with archives of common formats thanks to the built-in universal archiver.
Two versions of the program: installation and portable, which does not require installation.
High load on the resources of a personal computer during multithreaded copying of files.
The inability to create a shortcut for a folder or file in the panel with its further placement on the desktop.
File Manager is a worthy free replacement for the paid application “Total Commander”.